- Clean your silver jewellery with a mild soap and water solution, allowing the water to bead up, and then patting dry with a soft cloth. For more stubborn dirt, use a cleaner designed for silver use. (Please do not use a dip if the jewellery contains gemstones).
- Store your silver in a cool, dry place, preferably in a tarnish-preventive bag or wrapped in a piece of felt or soft cloth.
- Store pieces individually so that they don’t knock together and scratch.
Do not rub silver with anything other than a polishing cloth. Tissue paper or paper towels can cause scratches because of the fibres in these products.
- Make sure your silver is not exposed to air and light during storage – this can cause silver to tarnish.
- Don’t wear sterling silver in chlorinated water or when working with household chemicals. Excessive perspiration can accelerate tarnishing. It’s a good move to remove jewellery when completing household chores, swimming, sunbathing, showering or participating in sport/active activities.
- Lotions, cosmetics, hair spray, hair products and perfumes can also accelerate tarnishing, so it’s best to add jewellery to your outfit as the finishing touch.
Original, Abstract & Contemporary Art, Jewellery, Quirky Collectibles. Cairns, Australia. Now shop online; We ship worldwide! \'Like\' us on Facebook!!