Are you an artist who’d love some help getting acknowledgement and respect for your hard work and passion? And some paying customers?
As the owner of UnderArt Gallery, and an artist myself, I support a wide range of local and Australian artists. But, as you can imagine, I am approached on a regular basis by creatives all vying for space on my gallery walls and shelves, and I have to make the sometimes-tough decision about whose work we select.
Here’s how to give yourself the best chance to be represented by UnderArt Gallery:
- Think of this like a job interview. Familiarise yourself with the style and quality of our existing artists. Browse through our online store, or if you can, visit our store at 12 Spence Street, Cairns. If you’ve done your homework, you’ll know we specialise in artists who create all forms of experimental and innovative contemporary art. We carefully review and select new artists who will enhance our current creative stable.
- Send your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org. Here’s what we’re looking for:
– Introduce yourself in a covering letter and provide links to your website and/or social media pages.
– Tell us your story, your background and experience, and provide your artist statement.
Send a minimum of 4 images of recent artwork (at least 1MB each)
Thank you for considering UnderArt Gallery as a space for your work. We look forward to reviewing your artwork and submission.
“Many great artists don’t know how to get their art out there to the buying public. I love watching gifted artists get the recognition they so richly deserve and customers finding that perfect art piece for their home or business.
– iefje Boissevain, owner, UnderArt Gallery
Original, Abstract & Contemporary Art, Jewellery, Quirky Collectibles. Cairns, Australia. Now shop online; We ship worldwide! \'Like\' us on Facebook!!